With all that’s been going on in the world, you might feel like reconnecting with a few friends and family members to just to do something normal. What better way to do that than with a small, intimate dinner party?
If you’ve never hosted one, you might be wondering where to start. This article will help you arrange everything from using the flower delivery South Yarra and other Australian cities offer, to arranging the best drinks and food.
Pointers to Host the Perfect Dinner Party
Intimate dinner parties are a fun way to connect and share some good food and drinks with people close to you. Luckily, hosting a small dinner party for a few of your favourite people is a lot easier than you might think. Keep reading for a few tips that will ensure a fun and relaxing evening.
1. Choose the Date
Choosing the date depends on the type of party you’d like to host as well as who you’d like to invite. A larger dinner party might require more planning and should be planned well in advance.
When you’re choosing a date, consider the schedules of your guests, such as whether they have 9-to-5 jobs on weekdays. Would a Saturday night work better than a Wednesday night? It’s a good idea to choose a day when the guests don’t have to work the next day.
2. Use an Invite
These days, sending out invites may seem old-fashioned or even over-the-top for a simple dinner involving a few friends or family members. Still, invitations add a nice touch and will set the tone. If you’re opting for a themed dinner party, an invitation is a perfect way to announce any specific dress codes. You may share your article on forexinghub and thehomeinfo. So that, your website rank on Google as well and get more information from worldtravelplace and worldupdate
Pro tip: Opt for online invitations as this is an eco-friendly and modern way to invite guests. Use a simple app to create an invite that matches the theme and send it well in advance. This will allow guests to clear their schedules.
3. Plan Your Theme and Decorations
You don’t have to spend a fortune on decorations to create a beautiful effect. You also don’t have to look for an elaborate theme. Opt for the following small touches to create a lovely ambience:
- Use fresh flowers as a dinner table centrepiece or use a large decorative glass bowl with floating tea lights
- You can also add a flower arrangement to your entrance hall and coffee table
- Consider adding candles to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere
- Add little umbrellas to your cocktails
- Create an eclectic look by using mismatched plates, bowls and glasses with brightly coloured napkins
4. Plan the Menu & Drinks
Other than the benefit of your charming company, the food is quite possibly the most important part of your dinner party. A general rule of thumb is to prepare something you know how to cook! For the most part, a dinner party with friends and family is not the time to try that new MasterChef recipe for the first time.
Choose a dish that you’re confident in making. If it’s something you’ve made for your guests before, consider sprucing it up with a different sauce or even adding a salad or different side dish. Be sure to accommodate any vegetarian guests. It’s always a good idea to include a dessert that isn’t too sweet.
Drinks are equally important. Consider having a few bottles of red and white wine. Alternatively, if you’re opting for cocktails, be sure to have a variety to accommodate all your guests and include a few non-alcoholic options as well.
5. Prepare Your Home
Spend the day before the dinner preparing your home for your guests. Don’t leave everything for the day of the dinner, to avoid you running around at the last minute. A few tips to get your home ready:
- Clean the common areas, dining area and bathrooms
- Open windows to air out the space
- Order the flowers for the centerpieces to be delivered on the morning of the dinner
- Set up your dining area with the tablecloths, dinnerware and glasses
- Make sure the bathroom has all the necessities such as soap, hand towels and sufficient toilet paper
- Make sure you have all the ingredients for the meal as well as the drinks and snacks
- Marinade any foods that will benefit from an overnight soak
- Prepare ice and if necessary post a reminder on your phone to chill the wine or drinks
- Set up decorations and fold serviettes
- Prepare a thank you message that you can send to guests’ phones after the dinner
- Ensure the pathway to guests’ cars will be lit and easy to access
We hope this short guide will help you plan your next dinner party without any stress. With some careful planning, the right décor and an interesting menu, you’ll be able to host a fun get together and catch up on all the news. Remember to add a few personal touches that make your dinner special and memorable and make them look forward to the next one.